Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Avoidance

Sometimes, it's easier to deal with life if you avoid it.  This is why we love TV, talking about the weather and Pinterest.  Ok, maybe there is more than one reason to love Pinterest.

I've been doing a little avoiding myself this week.

Sometimes a little avoidance a good thing.  When people I don't know well are being overbearingly sorry for us, it's helpful to put on a fake smile and just say 'thanks'.  When I'm around students who don't have a clue as to what is actually going on in my life, I have to just focus on their life.

Sometimes, avoidance is just a poor coping mechanism.  Sometimes I just don't want to deal with what is going on.  Healing can be hard work, and hard work is something that most people like to avoid.

So sometimes I let myself avoid.  And sometimes I force myself to deal.

Slowly, God is healing my heart.  He's just awesome like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love comments!